Old 03-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #158
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Well, that is the point. There's no doubt no qb in football ever prepared to the detail level of Manning. It may be that the basics of a Peyton offense are pretty simple. I'm not sure that the link, or the one I put up yesterday that suggested a little more complexity in wr routes, are really correct. I recall shanny's passing offense required some post-snap reads, but I'd defer to Mediator on that.

But consistency of execution is Peyton's calling card. The ball is on the spot where it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be there. There are no surprises.
I can see how the basics of calling the play and adjustments at the LOS are relatively simple, as opposed to having a 30 second long play call come in from the sideline that the QB has to repeat verbatim to the huddle.

Calling most of the O at the LOS introduces some problems also. Well, we'll see what the O brain trust comes up with, and how quickly the O gets on the same page as Manning if they do indeed go with the no-huddle "Manning offense".
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote