Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #96
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy4 View Post
Reality is, no one player gives you a Superbowl victory. Having Manning guarantees you nothing, and I am sure he will say something virtually the same every week (he always has).. What you will get is a solid run offense, with a very realistic shot at winning the division.

The goal is to make the playoffs. The 2nd goal is to be hot going into the playoffs. If people just assume that picking up Peyton means you better start clearing space on the shelf for the Lombardis, there's a fair chance you will be disappointment. Every year is a struggle and only 1 team can win.

But if you're outlook is just that you want to Broncos play well, make the playoffs, and have a SHOT at the Lombardi, then strap the F in. Looks to be a good year.

Christ, enjoy it already. If you don't enjoy this, I can't imagine what you will ever enjoy as a fan.
thank you. that's what i'm saying. we need MORE pieces for the jigsaw puzzle before the whole thing comes together. if Manning had 10 more years, then no problem... we can take our time getting them on the cheap as free agents or via the draft. but he doesn't have 10 more years, so our FO needs to be more urgent and needs to be really good to get those needs met sooner rather than later.

i honestly don't care if somebody thinks Manning makes us 20% better or 30% better. it's the silly idea that Manning all by himself makes us 100% better and automatic SB contenders. i've seen some people claim that we are now the odds-on favorite to win the SB. that's just not so.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote