View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #91
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncolt View Post
put peyton in the 2011 colts season and colts would have won atleast 10 close games they had. (alot of games were very close losses in the 4th). your argument is expected, but boy i cannot wait till you eat your crow next season. You have no idea what peytons capable of doing. Im not saying superbowl for the next 5 years, but expect to see a HUGE improvement in both DT and decker, the rest of the offense, and YES (refuting wat u said before) the defense too. If the offense puts more points up, the other team simply has to play catch up, with their gameplan predictable, it makes it easier on the defense esp with passrushing. This is the way its been in Indy, with a ****tier defense than the one broncos have right now. Also, running game is for sure going to be loads better, as long as the OL is solid, because defenses will have to respect the passing game.

In indy, the colts offense was SO predictable, especially the last couple of seasons with NO running game to help. teams knew we were going to throw on practically every down, and played the pass ALL the time and peyton still was successful (in regular season atleast)...opens up running game. Your gonna see a diff broncos team next year..you watch
i'm sorry, but i don't know what to call this other than the "magic bean" theory.

unlike you, i watched every Broncos game last year. i saw for myself what talent we have and where we are lacking.

if Manning is so good that he instantly makes every other player on the roster so much better that his team becomes a legit SB contender, then why did Indy give him up? why didn't every team in the league come knocking for his services? why doesn't have have 10 or 11 Lombardis already?

seriously, you're not doing yourself any favors with this sort of hyperbole.

whatever benefits a healthy Manning may bring to this team on both O and D are offset by some very real needs we have for quality starting NFL players at some positions, and a real problem with depth on the roster if/when the inevitable injuries occur to key starters.

and on top of that, Manning still needs to work with his offense to get the system implemented and well-rehearsed. i don't see that happening in just 1 training camp.

so to win now, we need to start filling these holes and we can't wait to do it over 2 or 3 drafts. the timetable has been pushed up. the draft can no longer be the primary way to acquire the necessary pieces because it takes too long to get those 5 or 6 quality starters that we need that way.

that's what i'm saying. go ahead and put a lifesize picture of Manning on the ceiling above your bed. i don't care. i'm not even telling you that your crush on him is wrong. i'm simply saying that he's not enough to get us back to the SB. same thing if we were talking about Brees or Brady or Rodgers all by themselves as well.

maybe in SF, a healthy Manning is all that would be needed to get to the SB with the roster they have, but they built that roster over several years. we haven't been doing that. go back to the beginning of the McD regime and see how we essentially pressed the reset button on what Shanny was doing. now look at last year and you'll see that alot of what McD did in 2 years has been purged from the roster as well. we are not a team that has been rebuilding and stockpiling talent for several consecutive years. so to give Manning what he needs, we will have to pursue free agents and veterans via trade.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote