View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #65
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Actually YOU destroyed it with your own logic. The team took a conventional balanced offense and switched MID-Season to a college run heavy protection offense with limited pass-option reads. They simplified the offense and prayed the defense could keep them in games. When they did, the new offense won games, while Implemented in the middle of the season with players based on a whole different model.

You are going backwards with your analogy and implying that players drafted for the balanced sytem actually won more games when they went to an entirely new system they were introduced to in a short term! The team now gets a HOF QB whose best talent is putting the team into the best play at the LOS and runs the simplest offense in the NFL and you are trying to tell me it will take years of development to succeed?

Based on what? They get to train all offseason, install everything, get minicamps, and have a QB who is already throwing to the WR's more than TEBOW had in the offseason. Really, explain to me how we are supposed to believe they have no shot going forward to pick this offense up and flourish. It's not a complicated system.
yours is the classic response i'd expect on the OM. setup a strawman and refute it. ignore the actual post.

let's try again. forget Tebow for a moment.

was the 2010 team a playoff caliber team?
was the 2011 team a playoff caliber team with Orton?

if you answered "yes" to either of those questions, this conversation is over and ends with me facepalming at you.

is the 2012 team essentially the same team that Orton played with, only with Manning in his place?

if you answered "no" to this question, this conversation is over and ends with me facepalming at you.

if you get to this point, then please explain to me how Manning and Manning alone suddenly elevates a really bad team (4-12 and then 1-4) all the way to SB contender status. if your answer is "everybody will play better, because you know, it's Peyton Manning and he's AWESOME and he releases the ball in 200 microseconds", then again, this conversation is over and you're a dumbass.

if you think you can explain how Manning by himself makes an OL that struggled with pass blocking last year (both with and without Tebow) and with young, inexperienced receivers (of which one has left for Sandy Eggo) that have never worked with Manning before, then please do.

also, how do we fill the holes on the defense? through the draft? we have deficiencies at DT (2 of them) and LB (1 or 2 of them depending how you feel about DJ Williams) and CB.

somehow, this FO needs to fill 3 or 4 holes this year with guys who we can rely on for the next 2-3 years. that's assuming we won't be competing for a SB in 2012. then next year, they have to do the same... fill 3 or 4 more holes so that come 2013, we are really a SB contender.

can you show me any offseason where we drafted 3 or 4 guys who became solid, established starters in their 1st or 2nd seasons in the league?

Last edited by Gort; 03-25-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote