View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #71
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Its not close they are being homers. But.........do you doubt thats enough for Manning to move the ball well and score. What does your guy tell you about pts per game with the Broncos offense as it sits now?

I'm thinking probably between 375-400 points which probably sticks them right at the bottom of the top 10 where SD usually comes in. For Denver that could be a huge jump. If the defense gets a little better Broncos will be tough for the Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs. But you know what, maybe it lights a fire under Chargers and signals the end of the west being a trash heap where 8-8 makes the playoffs.

Also I don't think Chargers got better by losing Tolbert and Jackson. Meachum a good player but still not an improvement.

Also Gates a yr older. He did come on strong and look to be in better shape towards the end of the yr though so maybe hes still got it.

Going to be an interesting season.....unless Manning gets injured, then its all sort of just a huge letdown.

I dont think we got worse either. Tolbert imo wasnt anything special and a backup RB isnt hard to find. He was ok with some good hands who got in there near the GL and actually was a better ST's player. VJ is a good player but we did as well without the year before and we didnt have a Meachem type filling in for him.

I agree, its going to be interesting this year. Peyton really makes the division harder which i think is a good thing but you know, i can't help but wonder what happens the first time he gets blindsided and his head snaps back. And i say that as a human being,....... I dont want to see that because he really could be one good shot away from being out for a while.

Other than that, i like that we have beat Peyton 5 of the last 6 times we have faced him.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2012 at 12:36 AM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote