View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #2855
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
If Manning is healthy, and I agree that this is still a big question, absolutely he makes this team much, much better. Following your argument if the Broncos are only let's say 50% there (as their 8-8 record indicates) then bringing in a healthy Manning auto upgrades this team to 12-4. Yes, add a few more pieces, especially on defense and this team is a SB contender.

Just because you want Tebow to be the Broncos QB (and I am a big Tebow fan too but I'm realistic about his ability to effectively throw the ball and a consistent basis) does not deminish the fact that Manning is a massive QB upgrade. Biologically speaking of course...
Except Tebow's success with this team came largely from turning one of the (if not THE) worst rushing teams in the league to #1.

Acting like Manning comes into that scenario and just tacks onto what was already accomplished is silly. Manning undoes what Tebow accomplished and takes us back to a bottom 10 running game. There's pretty much no debating that.

So 8-8 becomes effectively meaningless. 4-12 and 1-4 more resembles the floor for Manning to build from.