Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Here is what montrose said:

He isn't saying it is good business. He isn't saying that he is moving in another direction so Peyton makes sense. He is saying his chief motivation for chasing Manning is to help him get rid of Tebow. Am I reading this incorrectly?
Montrose is correct in noting that "moving" a highly-popular player can carry risks of fan backlash unless the fan base perceives that it's for the greater good. Regardless of Tebow's popularity, most of the fanbase is going to view Manning as "an upgrade"... and there will be no QB controversy (due to the status of a proven QB like Manning) even if both QBs were kept. But signing Manning would make Broncos fans in general more accepting of the notion of the possibility of trading Tebow.

My personal opinion is that the opportunity to sign a player of the caliber of Manning... one that will instantly make the team better... is too tempting to pass up. But if doing it means that they also have the option of trading a player that they don't believe fits into their plans, then from their perspective, that would also be a benefit, I suppose.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote