View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #1294
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Brian Griese makes the case for Peyton Manning in Denver
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 9, 2012, 9:50 AM EST

Brian Griese, the former Denver quarterback who is now the Broncos’ radio color commentator, believes that the Broncos are one of the favorites to land Peyton Manning.

Griese said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that he thinks the Broncos like Manning and that Manning should like the Broncos, and that there’s a good chance of a deal getting done.

“I think it’s very realistic,” Griese said. “More realistic than people would realize.”

One of the reasons for that is the man who ultimately calls the shots in Denver, John Elway, knows from first-hand experience that an older quarterback, even one who may have lost a little bit physically, can win a Super Bowl.

“John Elway won two Super Bowls when he was 37 and 38 in Denver,” Griese said. “I think Denver is certainly in play.”

Griese said he believes Elway will woo Manning by talking up the talent that’s already on the Broncos’ offense, especially left tackle Ryan Clady, and say that the Broncos will be aggressive in upgrading at the areas where they’re lacking. Elway will tell Manning that he’s going to put a Super Bowl-quality roster around him.

“The differentiating factor in Denver will be John Elway and his ability to connect with Peyton Manning,” Griese said.

So what about the man Elway has vowed will be the starter heading into training camp?

“It’s not about Tim Tebow. This is not a situation where Tim Tebow would be cut or released or traded. He’s got three years left on his contract,” Griese said. “This is not a situation where the Broncos are giving up on Tim Tebow. I think this is more about trying to win a Super Bowl with a team that they have now and adding Peyton Manning, and where that puts them in relation to the rest of the league, and the opportunities they have.”

Griese even said he thinks Tebow could get some playing time on the field with Manning.

“Tim Tebow wouldn’t get on the field as much but I still think he could get on the field and play a role with Peyton Manning,” Griese said.

Peyton Manning lining up under center in Denver with fullback Tim Tebow behind him? It might just be crazy enough to work.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-in-denver/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote