Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #1277
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This is going to require you to actually think, but play along here. Let's say Manning comes in and plays 2-3 years. The end result is that the Broncos need to find a QBOTF. But hey, guess what?!? If Tebow doesn't work out over the next couple of years we're in pretty much exactly the same situation! Football is not only about winning but winning now. Maybe you're young or naive or both and don't understand this, but I'm telling you it's true. We have a much better chance to win something in the short term with a healthy Manning than we do with Tebow. There's just no rational argument to the contrary. Again, you're letting your love of Tebow cloud your thinking about this. If Manning can play this is close to a no-brainer, particularly for a FO that doesn't believe in Tebow (and I admit I'm assuming that this may be the case).
That's one opinion.

I'm of the opinion that we won based mostly on a gimicky offense that made this team look much better than it is. Running a conventional NFL offense we were the worst team in football for the last year and a half, THE WORST. Worse than the Colts and Manning couldn't get the Colts past the Wild card round in 2010.

Manning isn't going to bridge the talent gap here, and sinking huge resources into him will not allow us to address other areas that would make building a complete team possible.

We're much better off addressing other needs, building a solid team and if Tebow flops, drafting a QB and inserting him into a better team.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote