View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #369
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
we are years away. don't you recall that report on our roster posted here several weeks ago? we are lacking several true NFL caliber starters and missing a ton of depth. wishful thinking doesn't fix those problems. time does. i agree that poor drafting makes everything much worse, but how many 1st and 2nd round picks do we have in the next 3 years? 6 unless we got some from another team that i'm not aware of (i don't follow the draft that closely). so it'll be 3 years just to fill those starting positions if everything goes perfectly. once you start trading your picks, you make things harder on yourself.
I don't think we are that far off. A Manning acquisition as improbable as it is would yield a fair amount of free agents and make some average talent that much better. We'd gain draft picks by trading Tebow and still have our picks to build a younger generation. I like Tebow a lot but feel we are in no mans land with the QB position since John left. For a team that played in a divisional play-off game last year having a ProBowl QB with a chip on his shoulder to win and attracting high end free agents wouldn't suck. Who knows...
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote