Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #294
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think it shows exactly the opposite. John Elway has again, and again, and again made good moves since he's joined. You're trying to say that landing the biggest free agent in the history of free agency is a sign that Elway isn't qualified? lol
i'm saying that barely 1 year after publicly and repeatedly announcing that the team was finally rebuilding via the draft, it would be idiotic for Elway to abandon that process just because somebody waved some shiny beads in his face.

it has nothing to do with Tebow either. let's say Tebow retires tomorrow so he can build orphanages in Africa. even if that happens, it's STILL a bad idea to throw the rebuilding plan out the window, pay Manning $20M+ or whatever the hell asking price he wants, and then try to cobble together a team using what's left of Bowlen's reserves being spent on free agents in the hopes we can get to a SB in the next 2 or 3 years. we have tried that. it doesn't work. i re-iterate. IT DOESN'T WORK and that's why we're in the mess we're in now.

if all this was happening back in 2006, that would be a different story. but it's not. it's happening in 2012.

Last edited by Gort; 03-07-2012 at 07:15 PM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote