Originally Posted by Old Dude
What have we got to offer Manning? Well, let's see.
1. We have, quite possibly, the worst pass-blocking O-Line in the league. Good thing Manning is so mobile and durable.
2. We have one of the least experienced and least-proven receiver corps in the league, though they do have a knack for dropping passes that hit them in the hands.
3. We have a head coach whose entire philosophy is to grind down opponents with the running game.
4. In terms of endorsement opportunities, we have the biggest national sports and media market between Wichita and Salt Lake City.
5. At least there wouldn't be any controversy or pressure on Manning here. Ah well, maybe a few people who like Tebow. But they aren't vocal or anything like that.
I'll betcha Manning is just drooling over the chance to play here. He'd probably take a big cut in pay just for the opportunity.
1. Peyton doesn't really hold the ball. I bet you the line would look tons better in front of him.
2. Our receivers are talented, and I have no doubt would also look better when playing in a more consistent offense.
3. If Peyton came, Peyton would be the offensive coordinator (more or less)
4. Peyton Manning has no trouble getting endorsements. He's a proven commodity at this point
5. He's the one guy that even pro-tebow broncos fans (and thats me) would gripe about.
Here are 5 equally bs reasons of why denver would be great for him.
1. You could make the argument that offense held us back this year and more consistent QB play would have been the answer (i dont really agree with that, but you can make that argument if you so choose). And hell, we were one of the last teams standing!
2. We have the best running game in the nfl. Just look at the stats (also bs, but you can make the argument).
3. We have two good young receivers and cap room to sign wayne. We can even sign your buddy Jeff Saturday!
4. We have a young, good defense and the cap room and draft power to improve that.
5. Denver is a rabid football town. During a game in the mid 00's, Peyton claimed that the crowd in Mile High reminde dhim of the crowds in Knoxville.
See how easy that was?