View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #65
Ronnie Tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
It's a fallacy to say every RB that enters the NFL will gain weight. It just is not true based on some average statistic.
that's not my original argument. my original argument was that, when observing a prospect's combine weight, we should determine if they are "big" or "undersized" (in terms of weight, but not height) based off of how they compare to the average rb prospect, not how they compare to the average nfl running back. because the average (50% of prospects) puts on 8 pounds, and i'd estimate that even the lower end of the bell curve puts on a measly 2 pounds. it's not a fallacy, like i said. it's logical stuff.. but i sadly can't prove it to the extent i'd like. obviously there will be loop holes in my argument, but for the most part, i think that at the end of the day, if someone put a gun to your head and said:

do you or don't you agree that running back prospects put on weight by the time they are part of this "average nfl rb" data, you'd say yes. and you'd be hard pressed to find proof, but you'd probably side with me, and not with reverend, in the fact that rober turbin is not just "above average in size" he is a big dude. he is one of the bigger backs out there.

15 pounds heavier than the average prospect at rb this year.

Last edited by Ronnie Tsunami; 02-26-2012 at 08:56 PM..