View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #397
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Kinda like how Monsanto keeps their names off of products. I'm not sure how much influence they weild, beyond - you know - being PM of italy.

This goes back to how much of the information is shaped to the reality that your corporate sponsors want you to see.

I maintain the position that I can read things, but with out experiencing them directly, the information i receive is always suspect.
Agreed.

That is why it is always better to take a "naive" look at things and see if you can see something that you didn't see before.

The real world is a complicated place where everything is a shade of gray. You can read all you want but if you don't ask questions you will never uncover what you know or don't know.

Most people are more scared of being wrong than learning anything.

Right now oil is at an all time low. Oil, oddly enough, seems to go opposite of gold prices. American dollar gets weak and gold gets strong.

Gas prices are high because they are trying to shore up profits they lost and provide themselves better profit margins in case oil spikes.

China plans for their future. America just reacts. It's too be we are so short sighted and have such a weak memory of the past.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote