Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #820
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Devil's Advocate says...

1. Neither did Cam Newton or any other rookie QB.
And Tim compares more than favorably to ALL of them.

Quote:
2. Fair. But he's been working on his throwing mechanics since before the NFL draft. It's fair to be concerned that he's just not going to suddenly get it.
Emphasis was on throwing motion pre-draft to be unveiled at his pro-day. Regardless, watch some UF games and contrast them to the Raiders game and then again to the Pitt playoff game. You'll easily see dramatic AND STEADY improvement.

Quote:
3. Sounds good. But do we know that Elway is a natural teacher or a coach? Tebow's had some pretty good football people work with him over the last few years, right?
Fortunately he doesn't have to be and we have actual coaches on staff...

Quote:
4. Probably the strongest of your points. The trick will be his abilities getting to the point where they can work in the system.
You have to show where they haven't... he's done everything. Hell someone earlier claimed he can't throw quick over the middle to which I replied with a vid of his quick post to Demaryius to win OT vs the Steelers.

Quote:
5. I'm sure he has a great work ethic. So does most every top tier player in the NFL. You don't succeed at this level without working your ass off.
And among these people, Tebow's work ethic stands head and shoulders above.

Quote:
6. He's improved. But there was also a video out (which I can't seem to find now) that showed how during games he was reverting back to his bad habits. And for every guy making positive comments there's a guy making not as positive comments. You really can't believe what you hear from either side.
Link to vid?

Quote:
So we're right back where we started. You're optimistic. I'm have a little more doubt.
Was that so ****ing hard to do? Seriously, was it? I actually applaud you for finally stepping up to the plate, vehemently as I disagree at least you had the balls to state your case.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote