Thread: CAM NEWTON
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #314
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think it started as an attempt to say Tebow was surrounded by very strong rushing backs at Florida, and it was not because of Tebow that Florida had success.

And so I guess one of the examples of that was that Florida had a WR running the ball a lot. Somehow that was supposed to illustrate that Tebow was surrounded by great running backs.

But Harvin was not a "running back" in any conventional sense. He was listed as WR, lined up as a starting WR. They had him run the ball just like Royal sometimes does, and now Aaron Hernandez often does for the Patriots.

But he was never a workhorse, and his high yards per carry shows he was used on a lot of "big play" opportunities and jet sweeps.

I agree he's a special player, and one of the most gifted running back-type receivers. But for the original point? Whiff.

Kinda sorta but not really. It was stated that Harvin played a lot of RB and MacGoober said he never was a RB so a video was posted plus some stats showing he played a lot of RB and now a roster saying he was a RB/WR.

Ill give you everytime that Tebow was an outstanding college QB and he was accurate there. But this isnt college anymore and the players are much beter and now he isnt accurate trying to play a more conventional type of offense. Sure they can keep using him as they are which is a lot like college but he isnt going to last very long being used that way and only being a 46% passer isnt going to cut it either.

As a Charger fan i hope they start him next year.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-31-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote