Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #55
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
The difference is it's the freakin' playoffs this weekend! This is it! This is why you play the season!

If someone can't enjoy this, then their desire to see Tebow crater has outgrown their love of the game.

Tebow's not going to get a free ride. You can't hide in this league. He may not get to keep the gig. But you gotta dance with the one that brung ya, and there's a playoff game this weekend with a fairly low-scoring team, with a hurt quarterback, a running back out, and some guy who's head will explode if he gets to altitude.

It's the timing of it that makes it seem really toxic. Finish out. Don't be afraid of Tebow winning -- he's not going to get to start for 10 years just from one season. He'll have to do something next year no matter what.
Well, then all the same arguments apply for every "McCoy sucks" thread too: we made the playoffs in his first year here, with a mid-season offense change, he may not last but just enjoy it, etc. But I don't see anyone saying those threads are against the spirit of being a Broncos fan during a playoff week.

And they aren't. Neither are the "we need a new QB" threads. It's a discussion board, and given our ugly 3 game losing streak, it's to be expected that people want to talk about the major question marks they see. People were talking about and questioning Plummer's long term prognosis in the middle of the 05 run too - and with good cause, as it turned out. Rare is the time you'll root for a team that isn't deeply flawed in some area, so I think it's fair to assume most fans can be excited for a playoff game AND look ahead to the eminent offseason.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote