View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Clairborne is getting viewed as #1, but I think Kirkpatrick will be the superior NFL player.

That being said, we probably won't have a shot at either and Dennard might be the only one available.

Currently, despite it being our largest need by huge margins, I'm wanting us to go with Devon Still.

Without knowing who declares and pre work outs and over-analyzing I'd go with:

1. Devon Still UT
2. Gilmore/Banks CB
3. Nix/Zeitler OG
4. Joe Adams WR/Demps RB
5a. Hayward CB
5b. Guyton DE
6. Gallipo ILB
7. Lynn CB

Still wouldn't be bad, but I view him as very similar to Bunkley. I'm not sure we need another NT. This isn't a great draft for 3 techs at all, but Fletcher Cox is ridiculous, and would have been a Top 10-15 lock next year. He screwed up by coming out early, but we should take a hard look at him in the Late 1st. 295 lbs, muscular, high motor, and should run around a 4.6 or 4.7. If not Cox, I'd much prefer Kawann Short over Still, I think Short is better on every possible level.

Those are the 3 first round DTs in my book, assuming Short comes out, and Cox is the only quality 3 tech I see in this draft. There are two sleeper types, Brett Roy and Drew Novak that I am interested in, and Derek Wolfe reminds me an awful lot of J.J. Watt, he might be able to play that role.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote