Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #69
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I get that. Especially on the Orton front, and I'll back off. My beef was more that there was nothing positive about anyone at any level and I really don't believe that. For example, the criticisms of the front office's incompetence and the coach's as well were decidedly one-sided. The draft was considered pretty good, but no one mentioned this in criticizing Elway. Just snide comments like "this isn't a lemonade stand" (like he's been treating it like one?) and then ripping him for his bad tweets. Then stuff like saying John Fox isn't a motivator (and he is. Say what you want about him but his teams play for him, reports from the players are that they do buy more than McD, and we aren't losing due to lack of effort, but talent.) and that the Broncos not being able sign free agents that were singed by Carolina ( the majority of which were signed before free agency even began) is evidence he's "not a players coach?"

Come on.

I might rip Orton, but I usually paint the picture that there is hope on the horizon, remind people we're in a rebuild, and point to the areas on the team that are improving every week. I'm not going to pretend the team is going to be good or will be even in the near future, but I don't ridicule every level of the team from top to bottom.
Personally, I wish you would've been able to make it last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Ok....have to watch the replays again, but I hate clicking into NFL.com because it takes forever to load and get through the advertisements

I was probably thinking of the Jennings TD then because I just remember Dawkins lagging about 5-6 yards behind him and waiting for him to chew out somebody. When he didn't, I knew the play was all on him.

I was more disappointed with our defense and the coaching schemes on the drive right before half when ROdgers looked like Peyton in any playoff game against us. We telgraphed every blitz by stacking the line, but kept the corners off, which was straight out of the Coyer playbook against Indy.

And after that I don't remember much specifically....just Fells fumbling at the goal line
This is something else I wanted to mention during the podcast but wasn't able to jam it into to any of my ramblings.

At one point Simms mentioned your sentiment and suggested jamming the GB WRs at the LOS to disrupt the timing.

...but we simply don't have the CB talent to do that. Quite frankly, even Champ isn't a great press corner. The defense would get really beat up at the LOS and give up some big plays. The way they're doing it is for the best.

Strictly philosophically:

Man coverage - Buy time for pass rush to sack passer (you see this paying dividends in conjunction with Miller's athleticism and talent)

Zone coverage - Read the QB and turnover the football

That's EXTREMELY basic, but it might help someone.