View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Wow thanks. I am really surprised you guys like it. I am looking for constructive criticism. What do you like specifically? What could be improved? Are there segments you wish we did? Is there a preferred length? What would you like to see more of? Would you like if we involved the board more? I had this idea that instead of reading texts and emails like a radio show, we could read some posts on a subject. That would incorporate the rest of the board more. Thoughts?
I would say 1 hour is very fitting - if it goes too long I tend to tune out.

I would say that dedicating about 1/3 of the time to the most recent game (during season) should be enough to cover the good and the bad - specifically I think it would be really nice if you could talk about a few players who did well and a few players who didn't live up to expectations. Also pulling out key plays (maybe not the obvious ones like TDs) but plays where a TD opportunity is blown or a big block or a mistake turns a mondane situation into something else.

About 1/3 could go to general roster discussion, including injuries, suspensions (god forbid) and signings - there will be a few every week. Also generally talking about where the roster is strong and weak as the season progresses we should get a good indication of which areas need addressing and which areas may be okay as they are.

I like the round-table type format you have and that you tend to keep on point when debating a topic. You don't tend to fall into rants and digress too much which is nice.

As for including the board, you could select a couple of messages or threads from the week the way you talked about MUGs post and give some thoughts on that. Some times interesting posts come up but then get forgotten a few days later or the thread gets derailed.

One segment I would like to see would be a quick fire type segment where you each give 3 headline type thoughts about the next game - like keys to the game or players to watch or strategies you think will be important.