Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #2710
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
But you say you only care about what the facts on the field are. In the Orton/Tebow debates, according to you, the only thing that matters is that Tebow outproduced Orton in actual games. And you know what? I agree with you. Problem is, regardless of what anyone says about Cutler positive or negative, the results on the field show a guy who hasn't gotten a lot better over the years. In fact, he's probably regressed a bit since he was seperated from Shanny. With Orton, people say that he is to the point of his career where we know what he is, he isn't going to get better. And I agree with that. But Cutler has actually started more games than Orton (68 to 61). Yet, a lot of folks seem to think he can still improve. At what point is it safe to conclude that Cutler is a finished product?
Orton has been in the league longer. Cutler just went to the NFCCG. Neither of these guys are finished products. I don't say Orton can't improve. It isn't his throwing that I have a problem with. It is his folding every time the going gets tough. Cutler won 8 games with a similar defense as what we had last season. He doesn't fold every time the game is close and even leads comebacks that don't rely on fluke plays... Orton just doesn't have 'it'. If he learns to deal with pressure, he could be pretty good.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote