View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
And they need to address players trying to get together and have super league teams ala Miami.

It's fine if you are a big market (LA, NY, Chi) or attractive destination (Miami, Phoenix) but that some sh*t that will kill the league.

I don't begrudge the players the money, if someone is dumb enough to give the max to an Andrei Kirilenko, or make Rashard Lewis the highest paid player in the league, then I would take it and run just like they did. But that hard cap needs to be there to keep it somewhat competitive.

I'd rather follow a league that has a chance of 15 different teams at any given time being a threat to win it all than one that has 4 super teams and 25 also ran's.
And theoretically a hard cap would prevent that. I don't have a problem philosophically with free agency, so I never had a problem with the Miami signings. But that type of thing will be hard going forward with a hard salary cap. If the players want to take a lot less money to create a better overall team, then IMO they should be free to make that decision.

I agree with you though that NBA GMs have for so long been basically incompetant, and now a new CBA will have to save them from themselves. A lot of dumb money has been thrown at guys. I agree with you that I don't hold that against the players, I'd sign that contract too.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote