Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #228
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
I just want to say as a book reader--this series surpasses the fantasy genre. I read upthread Martin being compared to Jordan and Goodkind, and I'm just going to say not on their best days.
I'm just going to disgree here. Martin is the best pure writer, but over the long run, the universe in WoT is far more interesting. Goodkind's a blowhard.

Of course, I would argue that Sanderson and Rothfuss are better then the lot of them.

Quote:
One thing I am upset about is how Jaime isn't portrayed as the ultimate bad ass he is in the books. That scene where he and Ned fought in the series was crap, Ned in the books wouldn't have stood a chance against Jaime. When Jaime got to fighting in the books, as a reader, you got terrified. The Whispering Wood was a real missed opportunity.
Our perceptions are really different then. Jamie's not particularly effective ever. Tyrion was a better commander in the first book then Jamie is, and we never really see Jamie do anything except loose battles, **** Cersei and generally b**** and moan.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote