View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #102
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFate View Post
The problem with your comparison is that you assume Bowlen puts out the 'B team' while the other 31 teams keep the same players. The Broncos couldn't be competitive in that scenario. That's not the correct comparison.

If the current 1500 players were to simply walk away, the NFL would continue to be profitable. Every team would fill their roster with the best players available. The average fan couldn't tell the difference.
Unless I am not the average fan then that strategy will fail hard, I have no intention of watching a sport that does not feature the highest possible level of play that is achievable. That is the reason I watch Formula 1 and not nascar, the reason I watch the NFL not UFL, the reason I watch NHL not USHL, the reason I watch champions league and not MLS.

I don't give a **** if the Broncos are competitive or not compared to the other teams (they weren't this last season and I still watched), I care if the Broncos are the best team they can be and unfortunately they couldn't be better than **** last season, but if a situation arises with Peyton Manning, Steven Jackson, Patrick Willis and the rest of them are free agents and the Broncos go and sign Ken Dorsey, Tatum Bell and Niko Kouvides as starters then I will drop that **** like its hot, regardless of what the other 31 teams are doing - I will not be short changed.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote