View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 12:59 AM   #19
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
This is the pro-owner viewpoint that I least understand. Have you noticed that it doesn't really matter how awful an owner is, they still make crap loads of money? Dan Snyder? Have you thought to ask yourself why this is?
This is why fans should not spend money on a bad product. But fans are so "brainwashed" (for the lack of a better term) to be such hardcore fans of their team, win or lose.

The fact that the Redskins sell out every year with the crap product they put on the field is all on the fans, not Dan Snyder. Fans have to give owners an incentive to put a better product on the field. I believe Snyder wants to win but losing and making a boat load of money while doing so is a nice consolation prize I'm sure.

Remember the Chargers in the late 90s and early 2000s? They had that stupid ticket guarantee with the city that ensured all their games were sold out. That put no incentive on Spanos to put a better product on the field and those were some of the most awful teams in the franchises history. Just like Synder though, I believe Spanos wants to win but once the ticket guarantee was gone, the product improved. It wasn't the only reason why but it sure did play a factor in it.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote