Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #101
Grumps
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

All valid points, but the first 6 (Maybe not the first one. The Great Hunt is where I got hooked) and the last few are amazing. Dumai's Wells is probably one of the most bad ass sections of literary history.

Like I said earlier, it hit a lull for a while after that, but I REALLY think it was his Tor editor wife dragging out the cash cow.

Besides, once Saidin got cleansed (another amazing scene) it was full speed ahead again. I still don't know how they're going to cover the remaining plot lines with 1 more book... Tarmon Gaidon is going to ****ing sweet at least.

Half the Forsaken are still alive, who killed Asmo? Who is Taim? Is Logain going to kill him and take the black tower? Will the Seanchan leash Rand for the last battle? etc

Oh and the rights have been bought and sold a dozen times over. No one can figure out how to make such an intricate and massive story. TV would work, but it'd take like 10 seasons and a monster budget to do it right.
Eh, things slowed down between books 8-10...I think it was mostly the wait between books made the books worse than they were. I am rereading the entire series and am interested to see if my opinion on books 8-10 has changed.

Either way, Sanderson has done an admirable job so far, I think. I really enjoyed the last two books. Really am looking forward to the conclusion, but am worried that a lot will be rushed in order to fit it in one book.

As to your questions...SPOILERS AHEAD.....

Graendal killed Asmo (definitive proof in the last book). Taim is Taim...new dreadlord trained by/working for Moridin. I wondered what happened to Logain in the last book. I am beginning to think Taim might have captured him and it will take the Logain followers to break him free. One of the plots I am looking forward to seeing the resolution on. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Seanchan and what plays out with the Aiel (given Aviendha's vision).

No way a movie would ever do the series justice. Perhaps a mini-series, but I doubt that ever happens either.
Grumps is offline   Reply With Quote