View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #166
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
From listening to paul, I'd say the reason he runs as a rep is because the libertarian party has constantly been a joke. Another reason would probably be he gets A LOT more exposure as a rep. In oklahoma, where I lived the last voting session, if you wanted to vote for pres it was either obama or mccain. There was literally no other choice. This two party system we have makes it incredibly difficult for any third party to form and be taken seriously, and imho they planned it that way. Less competition and they barely have to be different to have a divided populace.

I'm glad Paul ran rep and hopefully will again. I never would have heard of him or been exposed to his ideas. Had he ran libertarian or constitutionalist nobody would be talking about him today. I know very few people who can name on spot either of the candidates from those parties, or even the green party.
Ron Paul ran for President in 1988 as a Libertarian. He's for the exact same things in 1988 which would have prevented a lot of the problems with our current government. Ron Paul is a true Libertarian.

Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote