Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #60
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I greatly enjoyed this first episode. It was very true to the source material with only understandable editing to accommodate the requisite runtime and the worst of the taboo sexual content. This is good -- I'm very glad the writers have chosen not to pervert the source material by making unnecessary changes which happens all to often with adaptions. I'm glad this is showing on HBO -- that'll go a long way toward giving the writers/producers the freedom needed to be true to the source -- especially the dark and adult tone of the series (and I don't mean the sexual content). This ain't "The Hobbit".
Outside of Vicerys nipple-twisting his sister (which was only slightly toned down), I'm not sure we have seen any cuts so far in that area. They haven't mentioned the whole Targaryens marry their sister thing yet.

Quote:
The casting was pretty good -- with some outstanding early performances (Tyrion and Danerys especially). With the exception of poor characterization of Robb, Theon and Jon (those three are nearly indistinguishable in this episode -- easy enough to understand with their limited screen time) and Cersei to a degree, all the characters were brought to life very well, especially for a first episode.
Actually Cate is the one character that doesn't fit well to me. In the books she was one who was pushing Ned to take the job. In the series so far, she seems much more reserved.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote