View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
Not sure if he could play MLB now, but I'm not willing to spend #2 pick to find out. He's a prototypical 3-4 OLB. While he could play in a 4-3 its a waste of his talents and it would be a waste of our pick.
First of all, I"m not talking about taking hiim at #2, because that's where we need to take Peterson if we want him. But if we trade down...say to 5 or 6, that's a different story. Second, he's not a "prototypical 3-4 OLB"...those guys are 6'4", 260 so he's still a little undersized. In any case I see no risk in looking at him there if we wind up drafting him. People have been saying since Al Wilson retired that we are weak up the middle and it's true. We may or not need him there, I'm simply curious if he could play there. MLB in the 4-3 defense is every bit as key a position as the OLB in a 3-4 is, maybe more so.

I'm asking if he's versitile enough to make this a legitimate option. Edge rushing pass rushers don't always pan out as OLB's in the NFL, just curious if people think he can do it in the middle as well. People are raving about this kids athleticism, so if he's that big a stud, shouldn't he be able to slide over if neeed? I like bigger interior MLB's and smaller guys on the wings in the 4-3...but obviously Fox may have other ideas.

Just food for thought...
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote