Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #62
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Every review I've seen of the current crop of production plug-in cars like the Volt, Leaf and upcoming Prius confirm this. It really doesn't have anything to do with my particular situation and everything to do with the current gas and electric prices. It's been written everywhere I've seen that your electric bill is likely to go up by more than your monthly gasoline bills will go down with these things. Granted, it's at least partially because none of the current and immediate future "electric" cars are truly 100% electric and still require gas at least part of the time. Add that to the fact that these cars are so much more expensive than gasoline cars of comparable size/amenities and it still doesn't even come close to making practical sense right now to go that route.
Can you link the articles saying that electric cars would be more expensive to run? I tried looking, and the first I found was this, which says the opposite: http://truecostblog.com/2009/01/04/e...c-vs-gasoline/

Also, the Tesla Volt and Nissan Leaf are both 100% electric.

I absolutely agree about the terrible selection of vehicles currently available as electrics.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote