View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #109
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I'm not. The only thing about gold that I'm more sure of than breaking the $2000 barrier, is that it's very volatile. Guessing the timing is like guessing who's going to win MNF tonight. (Go Broncos!) If you sell over $2000, then anything under, even $1999 is a good buy. $850 is a great buy, but I'm not going to risk what I have to get it. I'm just not as confident that we'll see $850 before $2000. I think it will happen, but not enough to risk it, or pay capital gains taxes, or pay the premium to buy it back. It's a lot easier to bet on the underdogs tonight and take the points. lol
Even if you could time travel back in time and offer yourself advice. Something always ends up happening to foul up the future. That is why it's called speculation. I don't think there are any real magic numbers. The reason I think gold is a buy is because of GLOBAL uncertainty. America's currency has been the currency of choice for geneations. If a country wants to migrate away from dollars or stay with dollars what else is there?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote