Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
Photoshop 6.0 actually ... one of the titles I'm having to upgrade before I can go to Windows 7.
* Actually instead of PS, I settled for the less expensive Photoshop Elements v.9, the powder blue rectangle icon. That was $80.
* Wordperfect X5 there, a $145 upgrade up from my v.11.
* Dragon Nat Speaking 7 up to (the lesser-featured Premium Edition of) 11, about $90.
* From MS Office 2000 (old but I liked it), to 2003 (a used upgrade disk off Craigslist no less), $40 more.
* Lest we forget Windows itself ... $120 for a W7 64-bit OEM disk.
And still a couple more to go. Plus this stupid Microsoft W7 Compatibility site
seems vaguely more sales oriented than informational. So after dropping about $750 building a new desktop last winter, they're really bleeding me dry with all this crap. They could have at least bought me dinner and drinks beforehand.
Windows f'ing 7 better be f'ing worth it.
Win7 has its own compatibility wizard that allows you to keep your older software by specifying which version of Windows the software worked with.