Old 09-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #271
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Trust me I know. Which is why I was going Aaron Rogers #4. When CJ dropped, it through me for a loop. I knew exactley how scoring heavy QBs are in this league. Thats why I got pissed with everyone talking on the chat about how valuable QBs were. I was hoping a Top 5 QB got back to me but once everyone starting talking, the incredible run began.
After the top 5 QBs went I targeted loading up on WR and did a hell of a job. 5 of the top 16 WRs. I also determined which QB I really wanted and waited. I REALLY wanted Big Ben cause hes a top 5 QB stat wise and I knew he'd slide. I had to find 3 QBs hat Id be happy with till Ben got back. Matt Ryan, Favre, and Cutler. I got 2 of the 3 late which I was very happy with considering how fast the QBs went. I think 8 QBs went in the 1st 2 rounds.
Meh... Cutler will score 40-50 points less than guys like Romo, Rivers, and Brady and you can get him 4 or 5 rounds later. That's like 3 or 4 points per game. Not gonna sweat something like that. I was surprised at high some of the QBs were picked. If a top 3 or 4 guy falls to me where I'm okay drafting him (3rd or 4th round) then I'll take him. If not, I'm loading up on RBs and WRs while you waste your high picks on 3 points per week.

Some people really prefer to take a QB that is going to consistently put up 20-25 points per week. That's reasonable too. I dont fault anyone for doing that, I am just personally okay with drafting two QBs in the mid rounds and playing the match-ups.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote