View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default OM Fantasy Football

I'm still awaiting word from TJ on whether he'd be okay with an OM Fantasy Football league again. In the past we've had great participation and it has been VERY competitive. I've played a lot of FF and the OM leagues were always the most fun due to the knowledeable fans we have on board.

In the past we have had leagues with 24 participants. Generally what we do is split it into two conferences with each conference having 12 teams and 3 divisions. Each conference (12 teams) selects from the entire league.

Playoffs are played amongst each conference with a final championship played with the winners of each conference. The championship is scheduled in week 16 to avoid week 17 player preservation.

The cost in the past has been $50 (per player) which pays for the league fees and then some incredible winning potential each week. The winner of the Championship received an authentic Broncos jersey of their choice (or a gift cert to the Broncos store to cover an authentic jersey... $235 or whatever it is now).

So, if TJ is okay with it I would help organize but would need at least one co-commish as I have to travel on occassion for work.
UPDATE!!! TJ has granted permission to host an OM FFL!!! Apa has offered to assist so he and I will handle the commissioner responsibilities. We still need more Playa's. If the $50 is your main obstacle let me say that there are several ways to recoup a considerable amount (if not all of) your entry fees. There will be weekly high point winners, conference winners, and several other potential bonuses.

I'll post a poll shortly to gauge interest and determine if we, a) have enough to form one conference, and b) have enough to form two conferences (24 particpants). Should we have more than 24 that are wanting to particpate it will come down to SCD dates (that would be join on dates). Sorry to you new comers that I know would be great assets to the league and provide some great competition, but RHIP baby!

I'd also like to add that the $50 would be an upfront fee. No pay no play.

Last edited by Broncoman13; 08-14-2010 at 01:18 PM..
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links