Inception ***SPOILER THREAD***
Okay, you can't really discuss Inception without going over the spoilers. And I'd love to discuss the movie without tiptoe-ing around the details.
I have a few questions for those who have seen the movie...
1. At the end, when the van hits the water, why isn't everybody immediately awakened? Isn't that the point of the "kick"? Instead of waking up, they swim out of the van as if it only fell a few feet.
Edit: Okay I get this. The van woke them up from the hotel, and the hotel elevator woke them up from the military compound. What woke them up from the first layer of the dream?
2. Why do they need drugs to go to sleep in a dream world? Along the same lines, how is it that you can get physically hurt in a dream world? Isn't the point of a dream that you are imagining your own physical state? Why would an imaginary stopwatch in an imaginary world give you the correct time reliably?
3. Was the point of going three levels deep in Fischer's dream to trick him into thinking he was breaking into Browning's mind, or his own? If it was Browning's mind he thought he was breaking into, then how was planting an idea there going to make him think that he came up with the idea about desolving his father's empire? I just don't see the connection. Also, isn't that instantly undone when he wakes up and realizes that Browning's kidnapping and betrayal was also a dream?
4. Why is Cobb's subconscious projections following him around into other people's dreams? Why doesn't that happen with the other guys? Are they trying to say that the entire thing was Cobb's dream?
5. How are they actually getting into other people's dreams? Are they psychics? There doesn't seem to be any special "power" or "rules" involved in doing it, or special machinery. It seems that they are supposed to be in the same room, but that's it.
6. When Cobb finally gets home to LA, how is his father, the professor, there to meet him? Wasn't he teaching in a school outside of the States?
I know there are more questions. These are the ones that immediately come to mind.
Last edited by Lomax; 07-17-2010 at 06:11 PM..