Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #4045
Homer Simpson
╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮

...speak up, I'm wearing a toga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fone Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Will do, the lineup is impressive and Peter Buck rarely (if ever) participates in anything that isn't totally worthwhile
Tired Pony
Quote:
Tired Pony was formed by Gary Lightbody (of Snow Patrol), who had a "long-term ambition" of making a country album.[1] He revealed the project's existence in May 2009. In the interview, he expressed his love for country music, which he said he had loved for a long time: "I always thought I had a country album in me and it turns out I did."[2] The rest of Snow Patrol expressed excitement for their band-mate, "delighted that [Lightbody was] getting to exorcise all his crazy ideas."[3] In October 2009, Lightbody in his blog on Snow Patrol's website revealed the members of the group to be Richard Colburn (of Belle & Sebastian), Iain Archer, singer Miriam Kaufmann (Archer's wife), and Jacknife Lee. He talked about two more members whom he was very excited about, but didn't name them.[4][5] He also stated that the album won't be country as was being reported,[2][6][7][8] but would be "country-tinged".[4] In January 2010, Hot Press reported Peter Buck (of R.E.M.) to be a member of the group. Lightbody described Buck as one of his "all-time heroes" and admired his talent for playing a variety of instruments.[5] Lightbody looks at the project as something he has "wanted to get out of [his] system", and said that "[he doesn't] know whether people will dig it or not."[2] He has expressed doubts about the commercial viability of the group's work, mainly in the United States.[9]
Homer Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote