Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #4040
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
5) Broken Social Scene is garbage. Suffered through a BSS show a couple of years ago. The only notable thing about it was the band has 4 to 5 guitar players who collectively don't add up to one good one. Unquestionably the worst band to come out of Canada since Triumph.
Uh, Nickelback? I like BSS alright. They've put out some good albums, but they do have a sound that is kind of muddled, hazy and meandering even in studio. I think it works, but I can see it not translating great live or not appealing to a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
6) Is anyone else puzzled by bands totally redoing entire classic rock albums?
I give The Flaming Lips high marks for the decent attempt to redo the entire album of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon. It couldn't have been easy and the job they did was okay, but was it really necessary? I hope it's not a sign that they're run out of their own ideas.
I listed to that cover album once, didn't need to hear it again. I thought the Lips last album, Embryonic, was really solid, so I think they are still going strong. Just a side project that might get some curious listens, but nothing to remember too long.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote