View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #1573
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Ricky Williams gives back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-gives-back/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2010 10:16 AM ET

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams celebrated Good Friday by giving away more than 300 Easter dinners to needy South Florida families, saying his effort was part of a broader realization, toward the end of his NFL career, that he wants to make positive contributions to society off the football field.

"There should be some benefit to us being here, besides entertainment and playing football,'' Williams said. "We all make pretty good money, so I think, especially in hard economic times, we should have more of a presence.''

Williams was joined by volunteers including several of his teammates as well as his new agent, Drew Rosenhaus. As we've previously noted and the Miami Herald points out, the hiring of Rosenhaus was a strong signal that Williams doesn't plan on the 2010 season being his last.

But even as he prepares for a future in football, he's also expanding his focus beyond football.

"I do want to make my presence felt -- more than just on the football field," Williams told the Sun-Sentinel. "I wasn't sure about doing a big production like this, but when I realized how much help I could get by doing it like this, I jumped on it."
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote