View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 AM   #1541
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Raiders released Greg Ellis and Javon Walker. Ellis is up there in age but I thought he played OK for the Raiders last year. It would be kind of cool to resign Vonnie Holliday and get Greg Ellis pairing the former Tar Heels together again. I think they have one year of pass rushing left in them. I couldn't see Ellis as anything more then a third down pass rushing end for us. I know that is what Jarvis Green is rumored to be for us, but should we not land him Ellis would be a cheap option to fill that role.

Walker was a disappointment right from the start after signing a $55 million contract that included an $11 million signing bonus two years ago.

He caught 15 passes for 196 yards and one touchdown in two injury-plagued seasons in Oakland, while being paid $14 million.

The Raiders were hoping to have added a No. 1 receiver when they signed Walker. He had 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2004 for Green Bay and 69 catches for 1,084 yards and eight scores in 2006 in Denver. He injured his knee in 2007 and never was the same player again.

He was criticized almost from the start in 2008 by former Raiders coach Lane Kiffin for being out of shape in offseason workouts and then was seriously injured in June during a robbery in Las Vegas.

He contemplated retirement in his first training camp before being talked out of it by Raiders owner Al Davis. Walker played eight games his first season in Oakland before being sidelined by a season-ending ankle injury.

He had knee surgery last offseason out of the country without telling the team and barely played in 2009. He appeared in only three games and caught no passes, fumbling on his only punt return chance.

Walker never cracked the lineup despite Oakland's struggles at receiver. The Raiders' corps of wide receivers combined for 95 catches and seven touchdowns.

EPIC FAIL!!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote