Need some advice re: CPU and Ram.
I don't feel like going through the registration process on a computer message board to get advice, so, anybody who knows his stuff and can give me lots of answers, I'll owe you one. And I do know how to return a favor.
I have a good new MB, Intel specific: http://www.msicomputer.com/index.php...d_no=1485#menu
I am NOT a gamer. My usage is maximum simultaneous
: Google Chrome - 10 pages open; MS Office - 8 Word docs and 2 Excel pages open; 2 Adobe Photoshop images open; Limewire; BitTorrent and Media Player all open ... all these simultaneoously. That's maximum ... normally it's about half that (sometimes use Adobe Audition 3.0, but I close everything else for that). Right now I'm XP Pro SP2, though I'll probably go W7 by the end of the year.
- What's the difference between dual core and quad core?
- My focus keeps coming back to the Wolfdale, E8200, E8400 or E8500, seem right?
- What is 45nm ... 8200/8400/8500 has it. Is it valuable for my usage?
- What is this more expensive i7 cpu?
- What about these less expensive CPU lines? What do I lose? http://www.google.com/products/catal...186&sa=title#p
- I found an E8200 Retail w/ factory fan/sink - used for $71, good seller. I have no fear of used items, I'm inclined to buy this one, Id like to save $50, but is it worth it?
- The system speed - 800/1066/1600 - my MB works with these speeds, what dio they mean and how important are they?
- Regarding those speeds - what components must have that speed for the system to go that fast? MB and Ram only? Or must the HDD also comply with the 800/1066/1600 numbers?
- My MotherBoard specs say: "DDR3 = N/A" ... obviously that means DDR3 won't work, right? Why should I care?
- I want 4GB .... what should I look for in RAM?
- I'm focused on: 2GB x 2 sticks = 4GB ... but there are a wide variety of sets and prices for this configuration, what's up with that?
Re: Graphics card: [url]http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=pro...0&prod_no=1680
[/SIZE]) Can I run a 30-foot HDMI cord from my computer round to my TV? Does the HDMI carry audio? HD video?
Any thoughts on a case? Why do I care? And why do I care about power supply?