View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #3828
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
And here we go with more condescending blather from the Ubermusician.
^ Perfect characterization of your initial zingers re: "cheesy" synths, congas, etc.

Just about every other word you write about music drips with the condescension and arrogance of a person who feels he has the right to sit on the sidelines and judge accomplished artists while producing nothing of any musical consequence himself.

The arrogance and condescension of a "reviewer" who thinks other people should listen to or buy a record just because he tells them it's OK or hip to like that record.

Anyway, if having the audacity to suggest that you should actually know a thing or two about music before you hype yourself as some sort of taste-making critic makes me "condescending," then guilty as charged, I guess.

Quote:
Wrong again Ubermusician. Never said anything of the sort. I was talking about the style, not the instruments themselves...
Like hell you were.

You didn't say anything about styles - you just crapped on an entire decade (i.e., "typical 80s production") and an instrument (synth.)

At any rate, as I said, the synth sound on that track is not what I'd call "dated." It's not like he's playing an Arp Odyssey or a Moog or something.
Patches like the one he's using are still used on a lot of projects nowadays.

Quote:
Couldn't you be honest enough to admit that overall sound mid-80's hasn't aged very well?..
According to whom?

Oh, that's right - the fashion police and arbiter of taste (read: Hogan.)

It's all in the ear of the beholder (a concept you will never understand.)

BTW, FWIW, there are certain synth sounds that, in my opinion, haven't aged well, but that doesn't stop me from judging the music being played on them on its own merits.

Quote:
I could keep on giving you what you give out, but I think I'm going to be the better man here. It's time I follow the advice of the PM's and rep I get and just place you on ignore from here on out. They were right, despite the interesting clip here and there, it's just not worth the time or effort anymore.
Translation:

"I just got my covers pulled, so I'm taking my toys and going home."
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote