Old 11-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #3827
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
The synths are only noticeable in the intro. After that, they're pulled pretty far back in the mix for the most part. The congas are WAY back in the mix.

At any rate, your refusal to acknowledge talent when it manifests itself in a genre or era (or on an instrument) you personally dislike only makes you sound amateurish, provincial-minded, and musically immature.
And here we go with more condescending blather from the Ubermusician. He started out okay with the first paragraph, but he just can't go without dropping some disparaging remarks upon those who disgree with him. Because, if you do, then you're "amateurish, provincial-minded, and musically immature"

Yawn.

Quote:
Yeah, we get it - you don't like synths.
Wrong again Ubermusician. Never said anything of the sort. I was talking about the style, not the instruments themselves, but you just keep grasping at straws because someone dared to disagree with you and you need to prove yourself right at all costs instead of accepting the notion that people can have different opinions other than your own.

Quote:
Instead of saying "horribly dated" couldn't you at least be honest enough to say "unfashionable?" That's all you're really saying here, anyway.
Couldn't you be honest enough to admit that overall sound mid-80's hasn't aged very well?..wait, what am I saying?? To do that, you'd have to conceed something and we all know you'd never do that no matter what! My bad....whatever was I thinking??

Quote:
Indeed, the fashion policing and taste-making in which you routinely engage is ultimately little more than (1) hubris and (2) a compensation for your inability to offer any actual intelligent analysis of the music.
IOW's if you dare to disagree with the "in depth" opinion of the Ubermusician, then you don't know what you're talking about and don't have a valid opinion. We've been through this whole song and dance of yours pages ago. You treat differing opinions here like it's the W&P Room (no civil discussion, just condescending attacks) and it's the main reason why no one likes to have a conversation with you on this (or any other subject) in the entire forum.

Quote:
I'm not the one trumpeting myself as some kind of "historian" or music critic here.

I'm not the one sitting on the sidelines telling accomplished artists how they should be making their music...yadda, yadda, yadda Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
And here the Ubermusician offers up nothing but more of the same (condescension, disparaging remarks, personal attacks, etc, etc.).

I could keep on giving you what you give out, but I think I'm going to be the better man here. It's time I follow the advice of the PM's and rep I get and just place you on ignore from here on out. They were right, despite the interesting clip here and there, it's just not worth the time or effort anymore.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote