View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #3826
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
The instruments in question on that track are not only very noticable(sic)...
The synths are only noticeable in the intro. After that, they're pulled pretty far back in the mix for the most part. The congas are WAY back in the mix.

At any rate, your refusal to acknowledge talent when it manifests itself in a genre or era (or on an instrument) you personally dislike only makes you sound amateurish, provincial-minded, and musically immature.

Quote:
....but they're sounding the same as most production jobs of the 80's....meaning they haven't aged well at all, sound horribly dated today and yes....they are cheesy.
Yeah, we get it - you don't like synths.

And "produced in the 80s" = "bad."

Instead of saying "horribly dated" couldn't you at least be honest enough to say "unfashionable?" That's all you're really saying here, anyway.

Indeed, the fashion policing and taste-making in which you routinely engage is ultimately little more than (1) hubris and (2) a compensation for your inability to offer any actual intelligent analysis of the music.

Quote:

Sanborn was an insufferable pompous ass at times, much like yourself, so it's little wonder you'd feel that way.

Oh, the irony.

I'm not the one trumpeting myself as some kind of "historian" or music critic here.

I'm not the one sitting on the sidelines telling accomplished artists how they should be making their music while I produce nothing myself.

Oh well - it's safer than having to put your own music up here for a critique, eh?

At any rate, it's pretty clear that, in your mindset, "pompous" = "a little too sophisticated for Hogan to wrap his brain around."

(But then, most "music" critics probably couldn't play a C Major scale if their lives depended on it, so there's nothing exceptional about you in that regard.)
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote