Old 10-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #162
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
Last three games of the year our "defense" gave up 30 30 and 52.

People love to forget, but the season was O-V-E-R on the road in Cleveland when the 4th quarter started. That 4th quarter comeback by Cutler was historic actually, best 4th quarter comeback in the league last year.

We just disagree. The defense was at least 75% responsible for our season, I'd say 90%. I can't imagine how anyone could disagree.

Yes, Jay could've been a better leader down the stretch, he shouldda rammed the ball into the end zone those last three games. But this is a very reasonable take: "With 6 or 7 running backs on IR and the worst defense in the league, it's amazing Cutler carried us an 8-8 record." Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).

I like the guy, but not that much. I gotta stop letting this revisionist history get to me. Half the people bagging on Jay now loved him unconditionally when the season ended. In fact, CBF1 defended Jay to ME when Shanahan was fired.

If you want to hate him now, fine, I certainly understand that. But don't pretend you thought these things before Mike was fired. Not you specifically Drek, but all the "Bandwagon Hater-come-latelys"

Hey Bud, I like you, and because I do, I think you should get some help.

This Jay Love/obsession isn't healthy.

IMO, Jay couldn't lead anyone.

....and as a matter of record, I had many arguments with the douche doctor who sits next to my at Mile High about the other douche (Jay). I hated Shanahan for pulling Jake and putting the reigns in Jays' hands. Day Frigging ONE!

....and am loving his self destruction.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote