Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #69
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Stupid argument Popps... If you think last night was Cutler's fault you're not very smart. When you rush for under 2 yards per carry and the QB leads your team in rushing, you're not going to be very successful. There is a lot wrong with the Bears offense... Cutler is just one of those things. Orton does a great job of protecting the football for us, something Cutler doesn't do all that well. But do tell, if Kyle Orton was our leading rusher do you think we'd win the ball game?

I'd say that I'm a pretty big "Cutler nutswinger" as defined by a lot of the people here, but even I'm willing to admit that there might be something about Cutler that makes the players around him worse?

That sounds retarded, I'll admit it, but it just seems like the excuses we had to make for Cutler here (weak defense, no running game, bad OL [during his first year]) are the same ones that are being made to defend the results in Chicago thus far.

Clearly, it's kind of early to say whether this is trend or not (maybe by his third team we'll have enough of a sample size?), but so far Cutler in Chicago has been eerily similar to Cutler in Denver. We'll see if it's just coincidental or not soon enough.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote