Old 08-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #85
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I don't buy that at all. He's trying to build a "team" concept. You act as if he just walked in off the street from a high school coaching job. Read his resume. I'm sure he has no problem dealing with "personalities." He just stumbled into a situation where a team had two malfunctioning personalities who also happened to be the stars of the team. Many Americans have forgotten this, but we used to believe in a concept called "personal responsibility." Look at Royal. Rod Smith. The majority of the team. They get it. They are men who play football for a living. Maturity.

Shanahan was coddling some of the personalities on this team. He allowed cliques to develope. People have complained about it for years. McD came in and knew that could not continue if he had any hopes of building a long term winning franchise. I'm sure if it was Spags, Ryan or whoever came in here, they would have realized the same thing. The overwhelming majority of the players had the maturity to adapt to McD's new protocols. Some didn't. Some don't.

It depends on what McD is trying to build: A winning franchise, or a nursery.
You guys act like Mike Shanahan never coached a NFL star before. Smith didn't act like this Shanahan was his coach. John Elway didn't act like this Mike Shanahan was his coach. Terrell Davis didn't act like this Mike Shanahan was his coach. The only player I can really think that had a HUGE ego in Denver under Mike was Clinton Portis and his attitude got him traded for Champ Bailey. Mike Shanahan saw the potential problem with Clinton and instead of letting it get to hold out point like Portis was talking about doing he traded his ass for the best CB in the NFL.

Maybe instead of blaming Shanahan for "coddling" players maybe we should step back and thank Mike for keeping things behind close doors and not out in the open like a circus.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote