View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #55
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Like the Cutler situation, I believe this has reached a point of no return. No one can do what he did and 'kiss and make up'. When you disrepeact yourself and your teammates, talent takes a backseat. I don't want him to be a Denver Bronco.

However, I do think it is fair to question the ownership\FO of the team in any culpability they might have.

1) Did Bowlen promise to trade him with no strings attached in terms of return value?
2) If the F\O did rethink the promise made by Shanny for a new contract, then did they clearly relay the new parameters that would need to be met in order to rework his rookie deal?

Do you blame the parent for breaking a promise or the child for throwing a temper tantrum becuase of it? Do you blame the parent for not clearly setting expectations or the child for throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get what was promised to them?

It is commendable that we have a kind-hearted owner who sincerely wants what is best for his employees but he needs to SHUTUP and leave the football business to professionals. I really believe that this firestorm could have been mitigated...or at least reduced if our immature baby of a player wasn't given mixed messages.

We NEED a real GM.

Last edited by worm; 08-28-2009 at 07:55 AM..
worm is offline   Reply With Quote