View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:02 AM   #3696
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
It was after HP that his voice started to go south - due in large part to a heaping helping of the usual rock star vices.
Poor guy ended badly, going out in a fire started by a dropped cigarette when he passed out. Here's the statement from the fire brigade leader:
"It was a tough fight getting upstairs. We searched the bedroom areas and it was very hot, we knew immediately that no-one could have survived the fire. We began to feel around the walls and discovered him lying on the floor between the bed and the wall. I would say he had been in bed and tried to escape. As soon as I saw the body clearly I knew who it was. I used to be a fan, it's difficult to put my feelings into words. The scene was horrific in that corner of the room. I saw him lying there and thought what a pity it all was. I deal with many fires but this one was like walking down memory lane. We managed to salvage all his guitars and musical equipment. I feel a bit upset, all the firemen do. It was like seeing part of our lives gone forever." - (Fire Officer)

Really sad.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote