View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #978
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I might buy those thing today ... but, how much are they? Cause I don't really need them, I'm sub 20 a day ever since you threw that wet blanket over me

Question for you and Florida: The first time I did Atkins I was a sub-20-carbs stickler for 18-19 days, then went back to a basically normal diet.

DURING those 18 days I lost just a couple pounds. But after that ... in weeks 4 and 5 after starting, while eating a normal diet, THAT'S when the pounds started falling off, just FALLING off. Jeans that were tight one day were actually falling down a week later. Lost 20+ pounds in about six weeks from just those 18 days.

So, is there some kind of delayed effect?
Everyones, Biochem is different so there could be a 1,000 different reasons why your body takes longer to get with the program. Could of been the alcohol consumption, hidden carbs, exercise, too many calories.. The list goes on and on.

As for the ketostix they are about $10 for a pack pf 50... and don't listen to Rev, the Ketostix are accurate it's "user error" that causes problems. Just follow the directions. As with all urinalysis, hydration levels play a significant role in their results. Try to keep your fluid level the same throughout the day and make sure to use the stix at the same time every day.

The stix are just a tool to help guage the level of ketone bodies in your urine... The thought is that the greater the concentration of ketones the more severe the level of ketosis in the body. Not an exact, just another tool to help you out.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote