Old 06-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #260
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
I'm not sure you do know it.
Studied criminal justice and the law and have worked in law firms for 10 years. I think it's safe to say that elementary law issues like these aren't above my pay grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
What question?
See prior page of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I wonder how many of the "he's clearly guilty of murder" people here would even consider convicting this cashier of anything if the situation were a little different. Say, you walked in on this guy molesting your 6 or 7 year old daughter. You shot him in the head, and he was no longer a threat to you or the child, but you still decided to empty the clip in him after waiting 45 seconds.

If you were on that jury, would you convict the man of anything? If you are being consistent, you have to ignore the original crime which resulted in the shooting. All you are doing is evaluating the shooter's behavior after the first shot without context.
Now, keep in mind, I'm not asking "should you convict" but "would you convict"? And is your answer different for the two possible scenarios presented (armed robber vs. pedophile). That is all. I'm not asking for what you should do based on the law in a vacuum. I'm asking, personally, what would you do?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote